It’s been a week since I’m back from Rock Werchter
so I guess it’s time for:
Suzan’s Rock Werchter Awards 2014
- best artist: Passenger
- best voice: Hannah from London Grammar
- best crowd: the crowd at Imagine Dragons, great atmosphere and everyone was singing and dancing along
- biggest party: Arsenal
- worst crowd: MGMT, tent was packed with people before the gig, they started leaving after two songs (and disturbing those who wanted to watch) and after they played Kids half of the crowd went away
- biggest disappointment: Miles Kane
- biggest surprise 1.: Sam Smith, what a crowd for that guy! and he can sing
- biggest surprise 2.: Katy B, my friend really wanted to see her, and it was great!
- worst ending: Stromae, after every song he went backstage for a costume change. We didn’t realise his gig ended, we just thought it was another costume change
- best food: it’s a tie between the delicious fresh fruit salad and the awesome chicken burgers
- best midnight snack: chicken burger
- most annoying people: the girls at Katy B who did everything to get on the video screens.
- shortest meet-up: with my awesome friend Eline ( itsallagameofchanceinwonderland ) we run into her while we were looking for a spot on the camping. I literally dropped all my bags to give her a hug.
- and at last, a shortlist of interactions with random people:
- the random guys who found shelter from the rain under my friend’s umbrella
- the dude who complimented me on my glasses
- the drunk Dutch dudes who tried chatting us up
- the French girl who convinced my friend to draw on my leg with her sharpie
- the people who were soaked from the rain, they kept running on the spot the keep warm during Bastille